painting @ Dave's home?
hey girls, today I have a somewhat strange question: Haha

Do you know the painting that can be seen during the interview for 101 DVD edition - where Dave is sitting on his couch at home and in the background there is this beautiful painting. Heart2
I really LOVE that painting and am wondering for years, which artist it is from? Or do you think he painted it himself? Bow
I only have these two shots - and can't make out any signature or something - maybe somebody has more/better shots???

Hope that's the right section for this topic, wasn't sure where to post it...

[Image: 584291481272572950dm.jpg]

[Image: 121588948682.jpg]

oh yeah i noticed them too
That's a really big canvas! I knew he could paint but...if he did that I'm very impressed! But somehow, it doesn't seem like it's his style? I dunno I guess I figured he painted abstract or something???

That's his house? I need to hurry up and get the rest of the remasters so I can finally see these videos! Heart2

Nice red couch...and I like his long/short sleeve ensemble there grin

Oh and I think a good place for this would be member chat (cuz it's not really a request) but I'm not sure if Bree or Siv wants to move it... Blush2
Whatever it is looks like it has something to do with Eve and the tree of life. I think the writing is in Latin but I"m not sure. I'm curious as well to know who did the painting.
(11-26-2010, 07:43 PM)Mischievous1 Wrote: Whatever it is looks like it has something to do with Eve and the tree of life. I think the writing is in Latin but I"m not sure. I'm curious as well to know who did the painting.

Yup, it's Latin, and I could even translate it if I only could read it clearly XD
oh, you could translate it? That would be lovely!! nlmda
I tried to make a better screenshot - it's a bit blury unfortunately...
I'm also not sure about this been painted by Dave - I could imagine that this is his style, but it looks pretty professional and hard to paint. I paint myself, but I wouldn't be able to paint something like this...

[Image: painting0.png]

Uhm, I can't read properly Sad2

Isn't there a clearly version?
sorry, I haven't got a better version - maybe somebody else has?! I really wish I could know a bit more about that pic!!!! :-/
I keep trying to find this painting and it's driving me crazy that I can't! Do you have a clearer shot of that thing in the upper right corner? Does anyone know what it is? (My knowledge of Christianity is pathetic.) And what's that shadowy image on the upper left side? It seems like some kind of seal.
I heard or read somewhere years ago that Dave did this painting (so I'm sure you won't find it on the internet). You know it girls that he's learned in an arts school before getting into DM and usually people there learn how to paint or draw there in different styles (especially if the artist is up to the challange to try new things - and as we know Dave is pretty much up for challanges). I'm sure he's talented enough in painting to do such a pic and I'm very impressed as well. I saw some of his paintings from the Devo era (the cat he paints on one of those pics) and did you know that the painting "LOVE" and the female portrait on the walls in Barrel Of A Gun were made by him too?