What's next for DM?
Now that the TOTU is over, I think we should start a thread about info concerning what's next. I found this on my Tumblr from someone named 20thcenturygirl:
http://20thcenturygirl.tumblr.com/post/4...s-in-press

Quote:"Andy said that new album will be out in 2011. http://www.depechemode.cz/aktualita/flet...roce-2011/ (it’s Czech, but you get the point ;D)

Also, I don’t know whether it’s true or not, but a guy from Polish DM forums met Miller in RAH and he said they’ll be back in studio.. this year! And he (I mean Miller) was happy about this fact. :) This and Andy’s statement pretty much covers with each other, so… who knows.

I’d rather let them have a long holiday now, they need it - especially Dave, but eh… I wouldn’t mind new album too. Personally I think it’s too fast, but if they’re fine with it, I’m fine with it even more.

So… they wouldn’t say it’s the end of the band, right?"
They've been getting along so well that I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to go into the studio later this year. Of course, that would require that 1) Dave is healthy and doesn't have much follow-up to worry about and 2) they have material (and that they want to, but let's assume they do). It's sounded like they have material waiting or at least that Mart's been writing on tour. I'm sure Dave has as well. So, I think a lot of it is going to be what Dave needs and wants.

I guess that my first thought was whether Dave would want to do another solo album or not. He's getting so much more in DM these days that I'm 50/50 as to whether he'll do another solo - he may just suggest that they go into the studio faster.

I figured that they'd take a break, Mart would write, Dave would write and do an album and Andy would sun himself in Barcelona with SPF 85 sunblock on and DJ Haha I'd love to see another cover album from Mart, it's been too long.
New album in 2011? It's too fast. I think, the boys will have some break first - almost a year break? I'd really glad a new solo - Dave or Mart perhaps both of them. If will be a new solo, will be a mini - tour too, unless Dave doesn't go a big tour like he did with PM. After this another little break - Martin writing the new songs - and soon they will meet each other, Mart presents the new lyrics/demos, and they'll go to the studio. I think we must wait another 3 - 4 years to the next album. I caint wait right now! XD
I would very much embrace a new Solo Work by Martin ;-))
But I also could imagine new creative stuff by DM. The boys really should head into a whole new open direction, though. SOTU is not my favourite album at all. They need new ideas. Maybe mix more musical genres and look back at what they did over the 30 years. There are so many different components to grab and mix.
Oh yes, I wanna new solos! :D I love Martin's Counterfeit works too, but I really adore Dave's Hourglass! I like the idea if he realese a new album in Hourglass - style. It would be nice :)
Maybe the next tour will be sponsored by ChiquitaHaha
I read and heard about Mart and Andy to be in Berlin for the Echo tomorrow.
Anyone heard more already?
I wanna stop by the red carpet tomorrow, I guess.
(03-03-2010, 01:08 PM)DeadofNight Wrote: I read and heard about Mart and Andy to be in Berlin for the Echo tomorrow.
Anyone heard more already?
I wanna stop by the red carpet tomorrow, I guess.

Well...they appear to be nominated...
http://www.echopop.de/depeche_mode

Yes please stop by!!!
(03-02-2010, 07:02 AM)ViolaLucien Wrote: Maybe the next tour will be sponsored by ChiquitaHaha

I'm sure Martin would wear the fruit hat from the old advertisements Haha
(03-03-2010, 06:32 PM)Mistress_Mode Wrote: I'm sure Martin would wear the fruit hat from the old advertisements Haha

I wanna see that!!!! Haha