Dave Gahan and Martin Gore attack Simon Cowell and the X-Factor
its in our paper the mirror blown out of proportion saying martin wants to kill someone
That's what I was afraid of. This is getting so blown out of proportion. Sadly, cowell is going to make an example of Martin - and probably Dm fans that are coming to his aid. We'll all be painted in a bad light that's totally false.
well, probably Martin shouldn't have mentioned any names, because now thanks to him i (and some other fans who didn't knew) know who that simon cowell is. :( that bitch got a reason to play an innocent butthurted victim now, fuck him then. his hysterics don't deserve any attention at all Tongue1
(11-27-2012, 08:55 AM)veggiesboudoir Wrote: well, probably Martin shouldn't have mentioned any names, because now thanks to him i (and some other fans who didn't knew) know who that simon cowell is. :( that bitch got a reason to play an innocent butthurted victim now, fuck him then. his hysterics don't deserve any attention at all Tongue1

Who is that??

He's milking it alright Ms
mart only said a typical type of english comment for starters ..cowell is just making press off the back of it...

someone in facebook made an ironic point yesterday...simon cowell made money off susan boyle covering one of marts songs wonder if he'll give that money now to charity
The sad thing is that many of Simon's minions and worshipers (I read his tweet pages where he tweeted about Mart. The people who are saying I love you and sing it and fuck him make me furious) who maybe previously didn't know about Depeche Mode...will now never know and pre-emptively hate them and Martin because of what Simon said.

Stupid prick took it waaaaaaay too seriously and personally and was an attention whore about it to boot. Yes British humor! Simon: get a clue. You are the one who is stupid.

Calling Mart stupid. Wtf Stick

I hate Simon and his stupid shows. I've never watched them. I agree with Martin that they are drivel and don't do anything to promote good music.

I'm not surprised at all that DM hate that stuff. Makes total sense. (Although I know that Dave watches it with his daughter. Only because she likes it I imagine)

(11-20-2012, 03:14 AM)veggiesboudoir Wrote: i only now noticed that Martin says "i think" quite often. like he is not trying to say an ultimate truth and doesn't insists on his words, just underlines that he just speaking his mind, his opinion, you can agree or disagree and that would be okay. this is just so adorable Blush2Cloud9

Yeahthat
interesting: Curt Smith (Tears for Fears) supports Mart in his opinion! :)
https://twitter.com/curtsmith/status/274045678177632256
Yay! Thumbs
Best promotion DM got in years!
Well, I'd really rather not argue about this, but I feel I must say something.

I think he probably chose his words poorly. Of course we know that Martin didn't mean it. Martin does not actually want Simon dead. He even said so "I'm not advocating violence". It's that dry British humor. In light of the recent shooting in America, we are quite sensitive about this.

I don't necessarily think it was "good" promotion. And as I said before, it might have turned off a lot of people who otherwise may not have known DM.

There are those who say that there is no such thing as bad publicity. Hmmmm. Not so sure.

But I think everyone has forgotten about it by now. They are focused on actual violence that happened.

I shudder to think what might have happened if Simon had actually been shot. It's for that reason that I wish he hadn't said it. However, I fully support Martin's thinking behind it. I agree shows like that are garbage and do nothing to support new artists and artist discovery.